Are you a conversation starter?
Do you find yourself talking to strangers in elevators or chatting people up while waiting in the checkout line?
Are you a person who enjoys spending time talking on the phone?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, a career in inside sales may be calling your name.
22nd Century Media has one opportunity available for an inside advertising sales representative to join its growing sales team. The position would be responsible for the sales of print and digital classified advertising to local businesses and individuals in all territories (North Shore, Southwest and California).
The ideal candidate would possess an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to work with local small business owners to help them be successful. Candidates should be comfortable and familiar with spending the majority of their time on the phone making cold calls and occasionally traveling locally to meet with clients to find their most effective advertising solution.
This position offers a base salary with commission. A comprehensive benefits package is also available.
What you are responsible for:
- Proactively prospecting and qualifying potential new advertising accounts
- Earning new business through cold-calling efforts and research
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Working closely with clients to develop effective advertising campaigns
- Working with decision makers to obtain customer commitment
- Copy writing content for ads with clients to develop the right message
- Achieving and exceeding weekly revenue targets
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will possess 1-3 years of experience in local/retail advertising sales and/or media environment. Must have a strong work ethic and ability to work independently as well as with a team. Excellent communication skills, time-management and interpersonal skills required. No phone calls please. EOE
Job type: Full-time
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org